Sunday, April 15, 2018

Bored police horses

.

In Jerusalem I would from time to time see mounted police riding around, usually just outside the Old City (e.g. as in my posts here, here, and here).
Today was my first time to see a police horse in Beer Sheva.
He was just standing in the shade near the Central Bus Terminal.


On the vehicle towing the horse trailer is written Mounted Police Unit, Southern District.
Wait! -- Is that horse in the drawing wearing a gas mask??
THAT I've never seen, but I guess it would be needed in riot control.
Actually, maybe it's just my imagination working overtime, maybe he just has a black nose.


I walked in back and discovered a second horse.
Really wanted to ask the officer in charge if I could talk to, I mean pet, one of the nice horses.
Alas, he was in the middle of an animated conversation on his phone and didn't even notice me.
.
(Linking to Camera-Critters.)
.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen police horses here as part of official events. I should really get out to the Mountie's musical ride events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing for them to be bored. :)

    A little scary that the police did not even notice you...um, what if you had been a bad guy sneaking up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have police horses in the big cities here . These horses look like they are enjoying a rest time

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!